Thursday, December 25, 2008

Emergency Kit

As a wedding planner, I do have an emergency kit that I bring to all the weddings I coordinate. There are many things in there that might just come in handy on the most important day for my clients. Emergency kits aren't only for the brides, it is for everyone, even the groom, bridal party and the parents. If you have a wedding planner, great, make sure she or he will take care of it for you.

But if you don't have a wedding planner, why not put together a list of things you might need for your emergency kit, email the list to your bridesmaids and split the items among everybody and have each person bring a few things on the list. On the day of your wedding, prepare a bag for all the emergency items, dump all the items in the bag and give it to someone in your bridal party or someone who will always be close by on that day. You never know who might need a little hairpray or tissue during that day!

The Knot has put together a list of things that you might want to include in your emergency kit so that your day can go off without a hitch.

.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great post! I don't know how many times we, as the video company, has had to pull out our little emergency kit to get tap, scissors or even a needle and thread!

Anonymous said...

Hi, do you know of any suppliers who offer wedding albums based on green materials? I often get asked by clients if I can produce their wedding albums on recycled or recyclable materials?

Many thanks, Ian
http://www.veilandtrain.com in UK

Anonymous said...

Hi Caryn! I just discovered your blog! I love getting new ideas from other wedding vendors. I am a wedding DJ in the Philadelphia, PA area. One of the things I carry in my emergency kit is a spare garter in case the bride forgot hers! You never know!

DJ Will,
Philadelphia wedding DJ
http://www.4MostSound.com

Caryn - A Timeless Celebration said...

Hi Stacy & DJ Will,

I really do thank you for dropping me a message!

I am especially grateful because I didn't realize that videographers and DJs carry emergency kits too, I thought only wedding planners do!

Thanks so much for letting us know!!


Hi Ian,

I don't really know anything about anything about papers for photo albums. Please do keep us posted if you find a great 'green' photo paper supplier.

More and more vendors are going green whenever possible. I love it! I hope to post more 'green' posts in the new year too.


Sincerely,
Caryn