Sunday, November 9, 2008

Personally Handwritten

I love personally handwritten letters, cards and notes. I have a big box full of handwritten letters from my friends and loved ones since elementary school! I love the fact that the person actually took the time to look for a card (or even made a card) and write something for me. Makes me feel oh so special!

Do you still get handwritten notes these days? When was the last time you received one? Handwritten notes are very rare nowadays. I don't even get actual birthday cards anymore. I get e-cards... an e-card that expires in a month! Don't get me wrong, I love e-cards too and the fact that my friends would take 10 minutes out of their busy schedule to send an e-card to me makes me feel special too. But having a handwritten note that doesn't expire and one that I am able to keep and to look back on years later really is something that's special to me.

Of course, not only do I love receiving, I also love giving. The joy I get from writing a card or a note to someone dear to me, or even someone I don't know very well, is just indescribable! As I write the note, I know that the person receiving it will appreciate it.

I know that at least one person will agree with me on this one! Shannon, from Calligraphy by Shannon, is someone who has a passion for the the art of writing and calligraphy. In her blog profile, she says "It is incredible what joy you can give to people through writing letters, notes, and words of encouragement. I have found that this joy can also be shared in so many ways - and this has led me to be passionate about calligraphy!"

Ditto Shannon!

By the way, Shannon not only has beautiful handwriting, she creates really cool maps for her customers too!



Last three images courtesy of Calligraphy by Shannon.

.

1 comment:

Shannon :: The Scribble Pad said...

Thanks so much for including me on your blog!