Here are some tips for you when you attend one or all of these shows:
- Visit booths like The Bay first so you can grab the huge bags they give you to keep all your flyers and printed information you collect.
- When you arrive, take a look at the list of vendors at the show and plan your route. Go to the vendors you want to speak with first. You can also do this in advance if the show has a website that offers a list of vendors who will be exhibiting.
- If you have swatches of materials that you have chosen to use for your wedding, bring those with you so that when you ask vendors questions, you can refer to those if need be.
- Ask lots and lots of questions! Even if you're not planning to use that particular vendor, don't be afraid to ask questions, they are professionals and they're there to help you at the show.
- If you're planning on entering all the draws and contests at the show, print some labels with your name, phone number, email address and wedding date so that you can stick a label on the ballots without having to spend 5 minutes filling out the information at every booth. This will save you a lot of time so that you can spend more time at the booths you really want to check out.
- You'll be doing a lot of walking and standing, so remember to wear comfortable shoes.
- Try to leave your winter jackets in the car (if you're not parked too far away) so you've one less thing to carry.
- Bring some cheques in case you want to book a vendor who's only offering a discount at the show. But don't rush to reserve the vendor if you're not too sure you want to hire them. Chances are you will end up regretting.
- You're probably not allowed to take any pictures of the booths and ideas you find helpful, so bring a notepad and try your best to jot down notes that will help you with your planning.
That's it! Now, ENJOY the show, no rush, stay as long as you like and have FUN! Especially with all the food sampling they have
By the way, if you know of a wedding show that I have not listed or the information is incorrect, please drop me an email and let me know so other brides and grooms can be informed.
Post a Comment