Monday, November 26, 2007

Planning a Baby Shower

I am planning my friend's baby shower for this Saturday. I made some invitations to give out to the guests, renting a party room, thought up some games and will be preparing some food for the evening. I was searching online for some baby shower ideas. There are so much out there to help plan a fun and successful baby shower.

There are a lot of free resources out there for parents and babies. The first freebie I came across was an offer from PharmaCommunications Group Inc. They offer a 365g of Similac Advance with Omega-3 & Omega-6 to parents who sign up on their website. I signed up for my friend and I received the package today. With the registration, you'll get:
- A unique 24/7 toll-free access to our team of registered nurses, ready to answer your questions regarding feeding your baby.
- A free sample of Similac Advance.
- Money-saving coupons for future purchases of your choice of Similac Advance formulation.
- A free diaper bag for your travelling convenience.
- A copy of their information booklet, For Growing Minds and Bodies.
- Offerings from their program partners.

A baby shower does not have to be expensive, you can go a long way with your creativity, good research and a small budget. I ask each guest to chip in $10 per adult. $10 includes food and a care package I will be putting together for the baby. The care package will include items such as soap, shampoo, baby bottles, diapers, bath tub, towels, pacifiers, baby food, jumpers, etc... I can't wait to go shopping! Save.ca is a Canadian website where you can print out coupons for your baby item purchases as well as other household and family items.

There are other inexpensive, fun and creative ideas online for your inspirations. Simply google "baby shower ideas" and see for yourself!

I will keep you posted of how the baby shower went and will take lots of photos for all you faithful readers!

* Images courtesy of A Timeless Celebration and Similac.
.

No comments: